Welcome to the Richland Community College’s Career and Technical Education Transition to Education Mentor Program. As an expert in your field, we need your help training our future workforce!
Our new mentorship program is designed to help you transition into the field of higher education and teaching, applying your hands-on expertise to help train tomorrow’s workforce.
Do you want to
- share your knowledge with the next generation
- decrease the employment gap in the skilled and technical fields
- develop your training and teaching skills
- improve your community
- earn a stipend for your time while you are training?
We are offering a virtual orientation program for you to explore this new opportunity with us:
- January 5, 2021 at 5:30pm
We are looking for people with the following qualifications to participate in our new Transition to Education Mentor program. This program includes participating in job shadowing to determine if teaching is of interest. Those chosen to participate in the program will complete a free online course, Transition to Education Master Class. Participants will be paired with a current faculty member in the discipline who will have them apply concepts learned in the course. Mentors will also introduce mentees to program-specific learning outcomes and information.
- RNs with long-term care experience for the Nurse Assistant program
- RNs with a minimum Master’s degree in Nursing for Associate Degree Nursing program
- Both require a valid Illinois Registered Professional Nurse (RN) license
- Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts or a minimum of 3 years of relevant culinary experience. Additionally, a Food Sanitation Manager Certificate or the ability to obtain one within 6 months is required. American Culinary Federation certification.
- Richland seeks adjunct instructors with at least 2,000 hours of experience in IT with an Networking/Cybersecurity emphasis. Industry certifications in Red Hat, Cisco, or related accreditors are preferred.
- Automotive/Collision Repair/Diesel
- Richland seeks adjunct instructors to teach Automotive, Collision Repair, and/or Diesel courses with at least 2,000 hours of experience in the automotive industry. ASE certifications are preferred.
- Richland seeks adjunct instructors with at least 2,000 hours of experience in the Welding industry. American Welding Society certifications are preferred.
- Machinist | Maintenance and Millwrights | Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians
- Richland seeks adjunct instructors to teach Machinist, Maintenance/Millwright, and/or Electrical/Instrumentation Technician courses with at least 2,000 hours of experience in the respective industry.