Welcome to the Workforce Development at Richland Community College. Our Workforce Development division provides the training and resources needed to stimulate economic development and individual fulfillment.
Richland’s Workforce Development strives do the following:
- Prepare students for new careers by teaching them Essential Skills in addition to the Industrial Skills they need to be successful
- Train individuals to step into the workforce upon completion of their program(s)
- Provide a wide-range of courses for adults, teens, children, and seniors to build on interests or new skills
NonCredit Course Offerings
Due to these unprecedented times with COVID-19 and recommendations from Governor Pritzker all times and dates for these courses are subject to change. Please continue to visit
Click here to register for any of the courses you see.
Industrial Job Skills Training
Click here to register or learn more.
Invest in yourself with this training program designed to get you local work in today’s modern industrial environment.
- Develop a strong understanding of modern industrial job skills including:
- Basic Manufacturing
- Job Readiness and Essential Skills
- CNC Machining
- Safety and OSHA Training
Certifications include: Certified Production Technician (CPT) and Manufacturing Processes & Production, and Safety from Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC)
Click here to learn more about our CDL training program.
Customized Corporate Training
Richland Dance Program
Click here for more information about our Dance Program.
Richland Community College Continuing and Professional Education has partnered with several online education providers to provide non-credit online courses. Click on the links below to see the non-credit offerings each company provides.
- Ed2Go – Ed2Go offers a wide variety of courses.
- Ed2Go Career Training – Career Training Opportunities
- Ed2Go Professional – For business and corporations, Ed2Go offers a wide variety of classes to meet your immediate training needs.
- Gatlin Education Online – Gatlin Education Services offers online open enrollment programs designed to provide the skills necessary to acquire positions for many in-demand occupations.
- JER Online – JER Online (JER Group, Inc.) lists over 1000+, cost affordable, non-credit Courses and Certificates in its own proprietary online catalog. We are always adding “more courses…all the time ” to a growing inventory.
Highway Construction Careers Training Program
Click here for more information about this program.