2022 Graduation Information
At this time Richland Community College is scheduled to hold its in-person graduation and health professions pinning ceremony at the Decatur Civic Center on May 13, 2022. As Richland continues to monitor and follow CDC and Illinois COVID guidelines and restrictions, decisions related to commencement may change and will be updated on this page.
May 4 & 5 Grad Fair
May 4 from Noon to 4 p.m. & May 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Drive through event located at the Beck’s Building, NW Progress Ave, in Progress City (Farm Progress grounds) just north of Richland. Look for the red roof
You will be able to pick up your cap and gown at this event along with other graduation items including a gift from the Richland Community College Foundation, Kente stoles, honor cords, veterans cords, grad t-shirts, graduation instructions, and more!
If you are planning to attend the graduation ceremony but have not ordered a cap and gown please email firstname.lastname@example.org right away so we can assist you.
May 2022 Commencement and Pinning Ceremonies
Health Professions Pinning
Friday, May 13, 2022 at 5pm
Decatur Civic Center Auditorium
Friday, May 13, 2022 at 7pm
Decatur Civic Center
If you have questions please email email@example.com..
Note for 2022 graduates and guests concerning the COVID-19 pandemic:
Currently, as of 4/14/22, Macon County’s community level of COVID prevalence is categorized as: LOW.
- Stay up to date on vaccines.
- Wear a mask based on your personal preference, informed by your personal level of risk.
- Stay home if sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Additional safeguards available to all graduates and guests:
- Pre-ceremony screening available at SHIELD Testing. Plan to test on Thursday, 5/12/22 to have results prior to the big event. This service is free and available to all graduates and guests. www.richland.edu/shield/
- Masks will be available at the Civic Center entrance.
- Live-stream video will be available for this event.
For more detailed information, the CDC guidelines for large and small gatherings can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/gatherings.html