Our fitness center is the perfect place to get fit year round with new cardio and strength machines, and an expanded selection of free weight equipment including kettle bells, medicine balls, and bumper plates. Come see us for your next workout.
Meet Scott Broyles, Director of the Fitness Center, and find out more about our services in this video:
The Fitness Center has fully reopened to full capacity following the state and CDC COVID-19 guidelines.
- Please sign in & out of the Fitness Center at the front desk using your RCC ID card or ID#.
- Face coverings have to be worn regardless of vaccination. If you’re not fully vaccinated or have an underlying health condition or compromised immune system it is recommended that you wear a face covering and maintain 6’ from other users.
- The locker rooms and showers are available for use.
- The water fountains are on and have a water dispenser with a cold, filtered water that you can use to refill your water bottles or cups that are available too.
- Please sanitize the equipment before and after use.
- If you feel sick or have any COVID-19 symptoms please do not come in until you’re well again.
Location and Hours
The Fitness Center is located in WDI116
Monday – Thursday: 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (closed most holidays)
Phone: (217) 875-7211 Ext. 6324
Fitness Center Fees/Memberships
- Register at the Fitness Center Desk
- Payments are made at the Fitness Center desk or in the cashier’s office in the Student Success Center.
The following services are provided FREE:
- Three Day Trial Membership
- Fitness Orientation
- Fitness Assessments/Fitness Testing
- Professionally Designed Workout Program
- Group Fitness Room behind the F.C. in WDI room 107
- Indoor and Outdoor Walking Program with maps
Membership registration is available on an open enrollment basis for public users for one of four non-credit B-Fit memberships or one of two non-credit Individualized Personal Fitness Training Packages. After registration, please schedule your FREE Fitness Center Orientation.
Richland Student Memberships
Currently enrolled students receive membership to the Fitness Center as part of their tuition.
B-Fit members have unlimited usage of the Fitness Center & Group Fitness Room anytime during Fitness Center hours. Students/members are encouraged to use the Fitness Center on a daily basis. The Fitness Center is available on a first-come, first-served basis; usually there is no waiting for use of the equipment.
- Fitness I – FIT 8131 – 1 month – Cost $25
- Be Fit I – FIT 8227 – 3 months – Cost $65
- Be Fit II – FIT 8228 – 6 months – Cost $125
- Be Fit III – FIT 8229 – 12 months – Cost $200
To qualify for the discounted corporate/group memberships a minimum of 3 – patrons from the same corporation, business or organization must be enrolled and provide proof of identity in the form of a name badge, or company id and a driver’s license or state id card.
- FIT 8230 – Corp/Group Fit I – One month $20
- FIT 8231 – Corp/Group Fit II – Three months $60
- FIT 8232 – Corp/Group Fit III – Six months $120
Personal Fitness Training Membership
Personal training clients look better and feel better – faster and more efficiently. Our personal trainers tailor every fitness workout customized to your unique body and your individual health and fitness goals. Each of the personal training workouts optimizes your time for maximum results. A Qualified Personal Trainer is a Personal Trainer educated properly to help you achieve your health fitness exercise goals quickly and safely.
- Individualized Personal Fitness I – FIT 8214 – 6 weeks (30 minute sessions 3 times per week) – Cost $120
- Individualized Personal Fitness II – FIT 8215 – 6 weeks (60 minute sessions 3 times per week) – Cost $250
Richland Community Employee Membership
Fitness Center Fees are waived for Richland Community College Full-Time & Part-Time Employees working 15 or more hours per week during the current semester.
Fitness Center Services
Fitness assessments are designed to help you track your progress and help assist in the development of your fitness program. Regular fitness testing can objectively measure the effectiveness of your program, help set goals and can possibly save you months or even years of hard work. If progress is not significant, immediate changes can be made to your program. The Fitness Center staff can help you decide the assessments most compatible with your fitness goals and how often you should test.
Circuit training is a form of cardiovascular and resistance training designed to be easy to follow and target fat loss, muscle building and cardiovascular fitness. An exercise “circuit” is one completion of all prescribed exercises in the program. Our trainers conduct free orientations that include full-body exercise training using a combination of strength, cardio machines and free weights. Workout Summary Log Cards are utilized in conjunction with our unique interactive fitness assessment system. The program helps guide you through your own personalized exercise routine and helps you track your performance. The Fitness Center staff will assist you in updating your workouts to ensure your continued success.