We’re here for you. Our job is to make sure your college experience is everything it should be — exciting, stimulating, and successful.
We’re here for the community. Richland Community College’s mission is to make quality education affordable and accessible to everyone in the Richland district. That’s why Richland offers a variety of educational programs at low costs to students.
We guarantee an equal education opportunity without regard to gender, marital status, color, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
To keep working for you, we need to know what you want. While at Richland, you may be asked for your input and opinions on such things as your favorite television or radio stations, how to make the schedules more user friendly, and other College issues. Through course evaluations, student forums, student government, and student/faculty conferences, we keep the lines of communication open!
To be the best and first choice for education.
To empower individuals through learning and to forge partnerships that grow communities.
Richland Community College engages in a process of self and community reflection that would lead us to recognize and heighten awareness of the core values we and our institution have already practiced and articulated, to seek agreement about those values, and to develop an institutional culture that holds itself accountable to those values. What we practice at Richland:
We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the communities we serve.
- Support the mission and vision of the College.
- Focus on student and stakeholder needs.
- Respond to the changing needs of our communities in a timely manner.
- Create new programs and services to meet identified needs.
- Continuously evaluate and improve programs, services, systems, and policies.
- Utilize a shared decision-making process.
We recognize the expertise of all members of the College community and encourage individual contribution.
- Include stakeholders in the decisions that affect them.
- Treat people with dignity and encourage feelings of self-worth.
- Promote trust through professional courtesy and fair treatment.
- Recognize and support employee and student contributions.
We strive to develop and pursue higher standards.
- Exhibit quality in staffing, facilities, programs, and services.
- Promote continuous improvement.
- Anticipate needs and respond accordingly.
- Encourage creativity, innovation, and risk-taking.
- Utilize systems that promote student and employee success.
- Exceed student and stakeholder expectations.
- Encourage decision-making at the level of implementation.
- Encourage interdepartmental collaboration.
- View setbacks as learning experiences.
We assume and demonstrate responsibility for our actions.
- Take responsibility for personal and professional growth and development.
- Continuously evaluate and improve our systems and policies.
- Establish and communicate clearly defined and articulated goals and objectives.
- Ensure our work adds value to the College and District.
- Demonstrate fiscal and social responsibility.
We believe that our similarities and differences are opportunities for establishing a common bond and strengthening the College.
- Employ a College workforce that reflects the community we serve.
- Ensure fair and equal access for all.
- Recognize, appreciate, and celebrate the strength of diversity.
- Provide educational experiences that promote a greater appreciation for diversity.
- Implement learning activities that integrate diversity topics in the classroom.
- Seek and consider multiple points of view.