The Office of Financial Aid and Veterans’ Affairs is responsible for administering traditional federal and state financial aid programs including grants, loans, and work-study.
We can help you navigate the financial aid process. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be completed online at www.fafsa.gov. Richland’s federal school code is 010879.
Students should apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA ). Some aid, such as the State of Illinois MAP grant, have limited funds. Students who apply early have a much better chance of obtaining all the assistance for which they might be eligible.
Before You Apply
- Make sure you have completed the Richland Community College admission form.
- Set up a Federal Student Aid ID online at fsaid.ed.gov so that you can electronically sign your FAFSA
- If you are providing parent information, one of your parents must also sign the FAFSA. To sign electronically, your parent will need an FSA ID.
- Gather information to apply. You may utilize the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet available at www.fafsa.gov.
- Richland Community College’s federal code is 010879.
Follow Up on Your FAFSA
- You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) by mail or email. The SAR shows you the information that was entered on the FAFSA. Check for any errors and submit corrections on the FAFSA website or visit the Financial Aid Office for assistance.
- Richland Community College will email you at the email address listed on the FAFSA outlining the next steps in the financial aid process.
- If your FAFSA is selected for verification, you will be required to submit additional documentation to the Financial Aid Office. Students selected for verification are required to provide a copy of their federal tax return transcript or utilize the “Link to IRS” feature on www.fafsa.gov to import federal tax return data.To obtain a tax transcript, visit the IRS office located at 306 W. Eldorado, Decatur, IL, call 1-800-908-9946, or visit irs.gov. Please note that ordering a transcript online will take approximately 5-10 business days for processing.
The Financial Aid and Veterans’ Affairs Office is located in the Student Success Center at the main entrance of campus.
Phone: (217) 875-7211, Ext. 6271
Fax: (217) 875-7783
Schedule An Appointment
Financial Aid Documents & Other Information
You can download PDF Forms here for the current academic year below:
Financial Aid Refund Dates
Check disbursement dates and other related information are located in myRichland under My Student Info…My Financial Aid.
Anyone that suspects that a student, employee, or other individual has misreported information or altered documentation to fraudulently obtain federal funds can report those suspicions and provide any evidence to the Office of the Inspector General by calling 1-800-MIS-USED (647-8733), calling the regional office in Chicago, IL at 312-730-1630, or reporting online at https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/oig/hotline.html.
Students can also use the https://feedback.studentaid.ed.gov/s/?language=en_US website to report compliments about positive experiences, allegations of suspicious activity, or complaints about applying for and receiving federal loans, grants, and work study; experiences with federal loan servicers, collections agencies, or the Department; and schools pertaining to the administration of the FSA programs, marketing and recruitment practices, or misrepresentations of facts.
Statement of Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity