The Richland Community College Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to growing assets of the Foundation through gifts, grants and investment income and providing leadership in the allocation of funds for scholarship, programs, equipment and facilities. Our mission is to support the College by strengthening connections to the community, promoting excellence in teaching, and providing access for student success.
The Richland Community College Foundation was created in February 1980 by the Richland Board of Trustees who realized that private monies could do what public funds could not. They saw a need to seek and invest gifts that were designated for scholarships and other needs the College might have as it grew into a larger institution. In 1986, the Foundation became a leader in the state when board members and volunteers raised an initial $2 million through charitable gifts. Today, the Foundation manages over $17.8M in assets.
The Richland Community College Foundation carries out our mission in these ways:
- Awarding $910,000 in scholarships to full- and part-time Richland Community College students
- Providing nearly $64,000 in Emergency Relief Grants from the Student Assistance Fund to students facing unexpected hardship
- Receiving $45,000 in grants for non-credit scholarships to bridge the gap between education and work force
- Supporting over 250 students & their families through the Pantry at Richland
- Raising more than $250,000 each year to support college programs, including nearly $105,000 to Project Read Plus
- Increasing and enhancing the physical and cultural environment of Richland Community College
- Engaging alumni through the Richland Community College Alumni Association
- Acting in a fiduciary capacity to carry out our goals and achieve our mission
Watch our Top Ten Highlights from the past year!