The Diesel Medium/Heavy Truck Technology program is state-of-the-art and teaches the latest technology that goes into today’s sophisticated, modern diesel truck. Upon successful completion of the Diesel Medium/Heavy Truck Technology program, students will be prepared for entry-level employment. Advancement and additional certification opportunities are also available for those currently working in the industry. This program has been designed to meet the industry’s standards, such as the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and the National Automotive Technician’s Education Foundation’s (NATEF).
The diesel truck service and repair industry has gone through tremendous technological changes in the last decade. Industry forecasters are predicting an increased demand for workers who have advanced skills and certifications. The median income for those with certifications in the diesel technology field is $42,320. Local employers are eager to hire Richland students who have successfully completed the program.
Richland Community College’s Diesel Medium/Heavy Technology program is housed in the 9,000 square foot, state-of-the-art Workforce Development Institute. Students learn from quality instructors with small class sizes. Fast track options and flexible scheduling are available.
Career and Technical Education Options
- Associate in Applied Science in Diesel Medium/Heavy Truck Technology
- Senior Diesel Technology Certificate
- Steering & Suspension Certificate
- Diesel Drive Train Specialist Certificate
- Diesel HVAC Specialist Certificate
- Diesel Engine Rebuilder Certificate
- Diesel Performance Specialist Certificate
- Diesel Transmission Specialist Certificate
- Diesel Service Technician Certificate