In honor of its 50th year, Richland Community College is hosting a donation event to give back to the community that has given so much to Richland for the last 50 years. Richland is inviting both its employees and the community to participate in Richland Gives Back Day. This event will be held in the Shilling Community Education Center on February 2nd and 3rd.
Richland is providing multiple avenues to support the Decatur community through donations online and in person. Richland will be collecting donated items for local organizations on Thursday, Feb 2nd from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Friday, Feb. 3rd from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
The organizations set to receive donations include:
- Altrusa International Decatur Club
- Project Read Plus
- The Pantry at Richland
- Heritage Behavioral Health Center
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Illinois
- Dove Inc.
- The Humane Society of Decatur & Macon County
- Decatur Block by Block
You can find a full list of requested donation items by going to this link.
On Friday, the American Red Cross will be onsite for blood donations from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Donors can register ahead of time by clicking here.
Also, on Friday, Richland will hold a celebration with lunch provided by Papa Murphy’s Pizza. An RSVP is kindly asked of those planning to attend. RSVPs can be submitted on Richland’s website.
You can learn more information and make online donations by going to richland.edu/giveback
What: Richland Gives Back Day
When: Feb. 2 & 3, 2023
- Thursday, Feb. 2 | Donate to the Community, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 3 | Donate to the Community, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 3 | American Red Cross Blood Drive, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 3 | Celebration with Papa Murphy’s Pizza, 12 p.m. | RSVP at richland.edu/giveback
Where: Shilling Community Education Center (1 College Park, Decatur, IL 62521)
The Shilling Center is located near Bistro 537 on the west end of campus.