Free Motorcycle Safety Program classes are offered for beginning and experienced riders at more than 50 locations throughout Illinois. These classes are conducted by the Illinois Department of Transportation in partnership with Illinois Central College.
Richland Community College
One College Park
Decatur, IL 62521
Schrodt Health Education Center, Classroom S187
- You must present a valid Driver’s license at the first class session.
- You must be an Illinois resident with a permanent Illinois mailing address to register for these courses.
- A Waiver or Release of Liability form must be submitted by all students at their first class session. Persons under 18 years of age must bring a parent or guardian to the first class to sign the participation waiver.
- Refund requests: After you have completed your class, you have the option to donate the $20 registration fee or request a refund. Your donation helps to make it possible for us to continually improve the program.
- Registration is only available online, with credit or debit payment.
- You will receive a confirmation email after completing your online registration with the status of “registered”. Contact Illinois Central College Motorcycle Safety Program at 800-252-3348 or email email@example.com if your confirmation email shows “pending” status. This indicates an error with your registration. You are NOT enrolled in a class with a “pending” status.
- If a class is full, we encourage you to try to get into the class by adding your name to the “walk-in list.”
- Please arrive 20 minutes before class start time with all required motorcycle gear.
- NOTE: Waitlist students are not guaranteed a space in the class. If a space is available after the registered names have been called, waitlist names will be called via lottery ticket.
- If a waitlist student is accepted into the class, they will be given instructions to register and pay through the icc.edu/motorcycle website before the class concludes.
Required Motorcycle Gear
You must arrive with the following motorcycle gear on the first meeting of your class:
- Helmet – a DOT certified 3/4 or full-face helmet (a 3/4 helmet will be provided if you do not have a helmet of your own)
- Protective eyewear – prescription glasses or sunglasses, goggles, face shield
- Long sleeve jacket or shirt – no holes
- Long pants – denim or other sturdy material (no sweat pants, no yoga pants, no hospital scrubs, no holes)
- Full fingered gloves – Leather preferred
- Over-the-ankle footwear – sturdy material (not cloth or canvas), must completely cover ankle
- To reschedule or cancel, you must call the Illinois Central College Motorcycle Safety Program at (800-252-3348) or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 business days prior to class start date.
- Your refund will be issued back to your credit card.