Scholarship applications for FA20 are being accepted. The due date for consideration for the Scherer Honors Scholarship for graduating high school seniors is February 28, 2020. Students with a 7th semester GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or 4.375 on a 5.0 scale will be considered for the Scherer Honors Scholarship. No late applications will be considered for this scholarship.
The due date for early consideration for all other applications for FA20 is May 25, 2020. Anyone applying for a scholarship or enrolling in classes after May 25th should contact the Director of Scholarships. Contact information is listed below. Scherer Honors Scholarships will be awarded in March. Applications for students not selected for a Scherer Honors Scholarship will be held and reviewed for other scholarships. Non-Scherer Honors Scholarship students must be enrolled in classes by May 25th for early consideration.
To apply for a scholarship, students must have completed the following:
- New students – Filled out the online Admission Information Form no less than 2 weeks prior to applying for a scholarship. This allows time for a Student ID Number to be mailed to the student. Or, after completing the Admission Information Form, the student may come to campus with a picture ID to receive the Student ID Number.
- New Students – Had an official transcript sent to the college – High School Seniors will need an official 7th semester partial transcript submitted to the College. A final transcript should be sent to Records after graduation.
- All Students – Completed the FAFSA
Do not apply for a scholarship the same day the Admissions Information Form has been completed. Wait at least 24 hours to allow the system to update the information.
In addition, for consideration for the Scherer Honors Scholarship, a student must meet with an advisor to determine if they are college ready. There may be a need for placement testing.
- ACT of 19 in both Reading and English
- ACT of 22 in Math
- SAT of 480 in Evidence-Base Reading and Writing
- SAT of 530 in Math
Other math options:
- Successful completion of MAPL (Math 098) (CR)
- Successful completion of math 098 in summer school (C or better)
- Successful completion of HS Calculus (B or better for 2 semesters)
Have taken our placement test(s) and placed into English 101 (on both English and Reading tests) and Math 110 or above on the Mathematics placement test.
Start the online scholarship application process by logging onto myRichland at my.richland.edu
- Students who are currently in classes, have an activated account, or are registered for classes will log into myRichland using their Richland Net ID username and password.
- New students who don’t have an activated account, are not currently in classes, and/ or are not registered for classes should enter their Student ID number in the User Name Box and Birthday (MMDDYY) in the Password box to log into myRichland.
On the main page of myRichland, under “It Pays to Apply,” select the “Click here to apply” link. This will take students to the link for the Foundation Scholarship Application page. On this page, students may do the following:
- View Scholarship Criteria
- Apply for a Richland Foundation Scholarship
- View Status and Accept Richland Foundation Scholarship
Once a student has completed the application, they should use the “View Status” link to see if the application was successfully submitted.