The Richland Alumni Mentorship Program allows Richland Students to foster a sense of belonging, engage with Alumni, grow their skills and knowledge, identify career paths, practice professional networking skills, increase social awareness and responsibility, and identify and pursue opportunities for employment.
In addition to the information and value that students will receive from this program, students will also receive anAward for participating in the program.
The program takes place over the course of a year starting in August 2023 and concluding in May 2024! The program consists of an approximately 20-hour time commitment over the course of the program. Upon acceptance, students will be matched with a Mentor to guide them through the program.
The program will kick off with an Orientation in September 2023 (Date TBD) where students will go over goals, objectives, and expectations, as well as meet with their mentor! This orientation will also include an icebreaker activity that will test students’ teamwork, leadership skills, and culinary prowess!
The program will consist of 4 events that provide an opportunity for the student to add a component to their leadership portfolio. Following completion of the program, students can walk away with value added to their leadership portfolio which will provide benefits as they enter the workforce or continue in higher education or training. Students are required to complete three out of the four opportunities to successfully complete the program. With each opportunity, there is an assignment that must be completed and submitted in the Canvas LMS for a supervisor to review. Each assignment is specific to the opportunity.
The four opportunities include:
- Team Dynamics Seminar: In-person seminar* (Fall 2023)
- Essential Skills Seminar: In-person seminar* (Spring 2024)
- Shadowing Day: Students will spend 4 hours of on-the-job training in an industry of their choice.
- Volunteering Experience: Students will spend 4 hours of community volunteer service at an organization of their choice.
*An virtual option will be provided*
Students who complete the program will be invited to celebrate with their peers and mentors at the State of the College Luncheon on Wednesday, April 10, 2024!
Who can participate?
- Second-year students
- Students must be registered and enrolled for a Fall 2023 course, regardless of credit hours
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Students must be in “good standing” with the college
Applications for students are due Monday, August 28, 2023. Learn more about the program & apply Here!
Who can be a Mentor?
- Community Members & Stakeholders
- Community Leaders
- Anyone who cares about Richland and our students!
Applications for Mentors are due Monday, August 28, 2023. Learn more about Mentoring & Apply Here!