Richland Employee Campaign – FAQ’s
When is the Employee Giving Campaign?
Employees can give to the campaign between Monday, November 15 and Monday, November 29. The Faculty and Staff Campaign is an annual giving campaign that provides an opportunity for Richland Community College employees to invest in the college and other community charities. The magical power of employee giving is that our support can inspire external foundations, corporations and major donors to support Richland.
What does the Foundation do for the college?
The Foundation is the non-profit fundraising arm of the college. It has 501(c)3 non-profit status which means all donations to the Foundation are tax deductible.
- Academic and need-based scholarships to Richland Community College students.
- Emergency assistance funds for students who are struggling to remain in school.
- Grant funds to faculty and staff who have innovative projects that support the college mission.
- Funds to support programs at Richland that enrich both the campus and community.
Donations to the Foundation made the following impact:
- Awarded more than $910,000 in scholarships to Richland Community College students.
- Awarded nearly $65,000 in Emergency Relief Grants from the Student Assistance Fund to students facing unexpected hardship.
- Supported over 250 students & their families through the Pantry at Richland.
- Provided nearly $120,000 to Project Read Plus last year.
Where can I donate?
- To set up a payroll deduction: Complete the online payroll deduction form.
- To pay by credit card to support Richland: Complete the online donation form.
- To pay by credit card to support United Way: Complete the online donation form.
- To pay by check: mail your donation to the Richland Foundation, 1 College Park, Decatur, Illinois 62521. Please make your check payable to “Richland Foundation”.
When will payroll deductions start?
Payroll deductions will start on your first paycheck in January 2022. Once we receive your payroll deduction form, you will receive a confirmation stating the amount, frequency and designation. You will receive a receipt for your 2022 contributions in January 2023. Contact the Foundation or the Business Office to stop or change your payroll deduction.
Can I specify where my contribution should go?
Absolutely! Gifts can be designated to any one or more of the following:
- Option 1: Student Assistance Fund
Your gift to this fund helps supports students facing exceptional financial hardship, especially due to COVID-19. Examples of types of financial hardship include: meals, transportation, rent, utility bills, medical assistance, etc.
- Option 2: Investing in the Future Scholarship Fund
Your gift to this scholarship provides tuition, books and/or fees for Richland students who come to the Foundation with a variety of situations and unique circumstances that prevent them from receiving state and Federal aid or one of our traditional scholarships.
- Option 3: Richland Program or Fund of your Choice
You can designate your gift to any fund, program or department that aligns with your interests and passion (i.e. Project READ, The Pantry, etc.).
- Option 4: United Way Impact Fund
Your gift to the United Way Impact Fund will support the health, education and financial stability of every person in Macon County through agency programs partnerships.
Can I designate my gift to more than one area?
Yes! Be sure to specify how much of your gift you want to direct to each fund.
How much should I give?
You decide the size of your gift according to your own charitable interests, your willingness to give, and your financial capacity.
Can I make an anonymous gift?
Yes. Simply note your preference to remain anonymous on the donation form.
Are there any incentives for giving?
Yes! Although everyone gives for their own personal reasons, we want to encourage our employees to be excited to support this annual campaign. Incentives include:
- Every employee that donates a minimum of $25 or $1 per pay period will receive a mask showing that they Unmask the Power of Giving!
- Every employee that completes the online form will be entered into a raffle for prizes.
- Any employee that increases their giving will receive an additional entry into the drawing.
- Early Bird Drawing: Any employee that completes their online form by the All College Meeting on November 18, will be entered into a drawing to receive a $100 Target Gift Card.
- Raffle Prizes include a $200 Amazon Gift Card, Apple Air Pods, Echo Dot, Amazon Fire Stick, $25 Bistro Gift Card and a $25 Richland Bookstore Gift Card.
My gift won’t make a difference…
Every dollar makes a difference and directly impacts our students. Your contribution affirms your commitment to the mission of Richland Community College and sends a strong message of support to outside donors, alumni, and parents.
How do I benefit from giving?
Making a gift to the Employee Giving Campaign distinguishes you as a charitable and supportive member of the Richland family. All gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible donation.
I gave last year…
We appreciate your past generosity and want to encourage you to give again this year. The Richland Employee Campaign is an annual initiative to ensure that funds are available on a recurring basis so that we can provide the same support to our students year after year.