Save Time and Money with the Richland Community College Bookstore
You’ve made the decision. You’ve done the paperwork. You’ve talked to an admissions counselor. You’ve attended orientation. You’ve even found where your classes will be held. You’re ready to get this semester started! But then a sinking realization emerges…you’ve got to get your books for the semester! No doubt you are thinking, “Great…more money to spend, more time wasted in long lines.”
True, the average person spends five years of their life waiting in lines, so naturally the idea of one more line is somewhat appalling. And of course, who wants to spend more money?
The Richland Community College Bookstore is making it so easy! College text books can be ordered online, eliminating the need for waiting in line. In fact, the books can even be delivered to your home, free of charge.
Other options include buying books versus renting books. The Richland Bookstore first began offering the option of renting a limited number of textbooks two years ago. Now all textbooks are rentable.
Textbooks are not only important for success in the classroom; they may also be an important resource after class has ended. For those who wish to keep their textbooks around, buying definitely makes sense.
If you don’t mind using books other people have used, buying a used book will save money, sometimes significantly.
One exciting new feature at the Bookstore is the availability of “Jumpbooks.”. Jumpbooks use CourseSmart, which is accessed via the web-based reader. It requires no download and is accessible from nearly any computer with Internet access.
Jumpbooks can be read on supported mobile devices such as Android mobile devices, iPhones, and iPads with the free CourseSmart app. Jumpbooks’ features include full text searching for a word or phrase, bookmark creation, highlighting, and print on demand capabilities. They are accessible for one semester, and there is nothing to return to the Bookstore. The Richland Bookstore currently offers 27 Jumpbook titles.
Jumpbooks offers tech support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 1-877-443-5763, option 3.
Patty Bailey, Richland Bookstore Manager, offers some tips to make your textbook experience a positive one:
- 1. There is no need to purchase both a Jumpbook and the same hard-copy textbook. They are the same thing.
- 2. Rented books must be returned.
- 3. Keep your receipt! Receipts contain activation codes for Jumpbooks purchased, and the receipt will contain valuable information needed if returning textbooks.
- 4. If a receipt is presented when books are sold back in May and/or December, the customer receives an additional $5.00 for customer loyalty.
- 5. The Bookstore can buy back books Monday through Friday at wholesaler-determined prices.
- 6. The Richland Bookstore will match the book prices of other companies, and will beat the price by 10%.
- 7. Visit www.rccbookstore.net for information on special hours, important dates, and more.
Keep in mind that the Richland Bookstore is a complete college outfitter…they have a fantastic array of collegiate-desired merchandise beyond textbooks.