Borrowing Materials from the LRC
Register as a Borrower
Determine if you are eligible to borrow from the LRC
You are eligible to borrow if you are either a student at Richland Community College or a resident of the Richland Community College District. Please contact any LRC staff member if you have questions about your eligibility. (See specific information for Community Users below.)
Get a Borrower's ID barcode
If you are a student, get your student photo ID card. Photos are taken in the Operator's office near the front entrance. Your LRC borrower's barcode will be placed on the back of this card. Barcode application and processing takes approximately 5 minutes. Students will need their Richland Student ID.
- Since the Richland LRC is an academic library rather than a public one, community members cannot use their public library cards to check out books.
- Community users must show a current photo ID and proof of current local address to obtain a library card from the LRC.
- Community users cannot use their Richland LRC cards to request or pick up Interlibrary Loan (ILL) materials. Please use your home library for ILL requests.
- Community user cards are valid for one year.
- Community users are limited to a total of 5 items.
- Community users cannot check out books until all overdue books are returned. Users who have lost or damaged books must pay the current replacement cost.
Read and Remember the LRC Lending Policies
- Books may be checked out. Magazines and videos are to be used in the LRC only (faculty may check out these items).
- Students are limited to 10 items at a time.
- Loan period is four weeks for students and eight weeks for faculty. Materials may be renewed once for four more weeks. Please renew prior to the due date.
- Reference material may not be checked out.
- To obtain materials on reserve, please ask the circulation staff for assistance.
If you don't see what you want....
- Check the Library Catalogs. Material from over 100 libraries, including Decatur Public Library, is listed here. You may request a book online and LRC staff will call you when it arrives at the LRC.
- For information on how to request Interlibrary Loan items, please see the library's Interlibrary Loan page.