Student Code of Conduct
In order to help ensure a safe and secure campus environment, we ask all visitors, students, staff and faculty to refrain from the following:
This list is not all inclusive and may be modified at any time by campus administration.
- Using obscene language, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Violence, threats of violence, fighting, physical abuse or physically or verbally threatening any person, or hostility of any nature.
- Annoying others through noisy or boisterous activities, unnecessary staring or following someone through the campus building(s) or parking lots.
- Sexually explicit language or conduct.
- Yelling, screaming, singing, playing musical instruments, radios or other sound generating equipment or otherwise communicating in a manner which creates noises of sufficient volume to impose on the hearing or peace of others utilizing the campus.
- Standing or stopping on stairs or the elevator in such a manner as to impede the flow of pedestrian traffic.
- Improper use of the elevator or stairs.
- Running, wrestling, horseplay, skating, skate boarding, rollerblading and/or riding a scooter; or otherwise being disruptive or creating a disturbance, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
- Assembling, demonstrating, parading, picketing, marching, walking in groups and/or loitering for the purpose of disturbing the peace or any unlawful purpose, or disrupting the intended use of the campus.
- Any form of solicitation, sales of products or services, or distributing handbills, leaflets, commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind or offering samples of items, which are sold, available for sale or available in exchange for a donation or contribution without the prior written permission of the campus administration.
- Engaging in any act, activity or behavior which by its nature is illegal and/or in violation of any statute, law, rule or ordinance.
- Attendance of children (15 years of age or under) during regular operating hours of the campus unaccompanied by a parent, teacher or legal guardian (or chaperone of a recognize activity or event).
- Displaying or wearing any item which depicts sexually explicit activity, illegal activity or obscene or offensive language, or, wearing clothing or lack of clothing that is likely to create a disturbance or embroil others in open conflict or that offends community standards of decency, or that impinges on the sensitivities of others on campus.
- Failing to wear shoes and a shirt.
- Gang activity, including wearing of apparel intended to indicate gang membership or to communicate gang behavior including the use of gang symbols or slogans.
- Creating litter by discarding paper, glass or other matter of any kind, anywhere except in appropriate trash or recycling receptacles.
- Defacing, damaging, destroying or removing any property that constitutes part of, located in, or on the campus property.
- Parking in non-designated parking areas, parking in fire lanes or other no parking areas, erratic or careless driving, exceeding any posted speed limits, or use of a vehicle in a manner inconsistent with campus traffic markings or signage. Parking violators may be subject to towing at the vehicle owner’s expense.
- Bringing animals on campus property without prior written approval of campus administration with the exception of trained/certified service animals in the company of the person for which they provide the appropriate service or assistance.
- Sitting anywhere or on anything other than chairs or benches designed for such purposes located in designated areas of the campus or any improper use of campus amenities.
- Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind except those carried by certified law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties.
- Being intoxicated and/or possessing or being under the influence of illegal drugs.
- Possessing any container of alcohol or consuming alcohol anywhere except in areas or venues licensed to sell or distribute alcohol.
- Selling or providing alcohol, tobacco, drugs or drug paraphernalia to underage persons.
- The use of College computer equipment to gain access to sexually explicit websites or to use the equipment to harass or intimidate others through electronic communications.
This campus is a smoke-free environment.
Violation of this code of conduct may result in expulsion from this property in addition to any other legal remedies that the campus administration may choose to exercise.
This college campus is private property and no rights shall accrue to the public by virtue of the public’s entry onto this campus’ property.
This “Behavioral Code of Conduct” is not intended to deprive any person of their applicable civil rights or liberties under the law. If you feel your rights are being violated, please notify the campus administration. Please refer to your student handbook or college catalog for “Students rights and responsibilities.”