Baccalaureate Transfer Options

Richland offers the following types of degrees for students planning to continue their formal education at a four-year university or upper division college in order to obtain a baccalaureate degree.  Those planning to major in natural sciences or mathematics usually follow the A.S. program, while those in humanities or fine arts will generally seek the A.A. degree.  Those planning to major in social science may select either the A.A. or A.S. curriculum.

Career and Technical Education programs lead to Basic or Advanced Certificates in those fields or the Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree.

General Studies programs are individually structured by each student to meet specific interests or needs and lead to the awarding of a Basic Certificate in a particular field or the Associate in Liberal Studies (A.L.S.) degree.