Student Club & Organization Registration Process
To form a new club/organization on campus or register for a new academic year, students will need to obtain and complete a Student Organization Registration materials online or in the Office of Campus Life (C133)
The application includes the following materials
- Name of Student Club or Organization
- Statement of Purpose and Constitution (example on page 10)
- Name of Advisor
- List of Officers
- Roster of Active Members
- (Optional) Application for Student Development Grant from Student Senate. Read application for full details and qualifications to receive Student Senate Endorsement.
Once the application is completed, a student officer must meet with the Director of Campus Life to review registration materials and set up an appointment to attend the mandatory student club & organization orientation session. This orientation session will include details on leadership roles and financial accountability for student leaders.
Application materials are forwarded to the Student Senate for final review and approval if applying for Student Endorsement status. Benefits of receiving Student Senate Endorsement include:
- Eligibility for Student Development Grant of $200.00 from the Student Senate (Student Clubs Only)
- Eligible to hold fundraising activities as a Student Club/Organization
- Eligible to utilize additional services beyond basic flyer design in the Graphics Center (i.e. lamination, posters, poster board)
Student Club/Organization will receive in writing from Campus Life the status of their Recognition status. Receiving recognition from Campus Life does not imply the College endorses the views of the organizations membership or the views expressed at meetings. The organization is responsible for the views expressed or held. Richland Community College reserves the right to restrict the use of College’s name if deemed necessary. Only organizations that maintain good standing can retain the privileges of Campus Life recognition. The Director of Campus life reviews all activities of student organizations to insure policies and regulations are maintained.
To begin your registration process today, view the forms available in the Club Resources section.