Richland Community College is organized into several divisions that oversee specific academic areas to ensure the highest academic standards for our students. The areas overseen by each division are listed below. Please visit division pages for more information about the specific programs and services offered.
- The Mathematics, Science & Business Division oversees credit courses for Accounting, Agribusiness and Agriculture, Astronomy, Automotive Technology, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Culinary Arts, Drafting, Electronics, Energy Distribution, HVACR, Horticulture, Hospitality Management, Information Technology, Marketing, Mathematics, Office Technology, Personnel Relations, Physical Education, Physics, Physical Science, Power Generation - Nuclear, and Welding.
- The Liberal Arts Division oversees credit courses for African-American Studies, Arabic, Art, Chinese, Communication, Dance, Developmental Reading, Developmental Writing, Early Childhood Education, Education, English, French, German, Humanities, Journalism, Music, Philosophy, Spanish, and Theatre. Liberal Arts also oversees the David Erlanson Gallery.
- The Continuing and Professional Education Division oversees customized corporate training, professional development, Commercial Truck Driver Certification (CDL), and hobby and leisure courses and workshops. CPED also oversees the Richland Fitness Center and the Richland Dance Program.
- The Health Professions Division oversees credit courses for Emergency Medical Technology, Health, Healthcare Documentation , Health Information Technology (HIT), Nursing, Pharmacy Technology, Practical Nursing, Radiography, and Surgical Technology.
- The Correctional Education Division contracts with the Illinois Department of Corrections to provide occupational, job preparedness, and additional post-secondary courses to offenders housed at several correctional center sites.
- The Student Success Division is responsible for the services related to the enrollment process, including Admissions & Recruitment, Financial Aid & Veterans Affairs, Student Development, Student Engagement, and Student Records and oversees courses in Career Planning and Development, Leadership Development, PASSport Classes, Personal Development, and Service Learning.
- Workforce Development