Charge-Back Information

In-district students planning to attend another community college

A resident of Richland Community College District 537 may receive a Charge-Back to attend another Illinois community college if the student is accepted into a program not offered by Richland or if Richland Community College does not have a Cooperative Agreement with the college the student is choosing to attend. Richland Community College District has Cooperative Education Program Agreements with Illinois community colleges that allow Richland Community College District residents to enroll in Career & Technical Education certificate and degree programs not available at Richland.

Please refer to the Cooperative Agreements page to learn more about Cooperative Agreements and to review a list of colleges offering Cooperative Agreements with Richland Community College before proceeding with a Charge-Back Application. A student must have been denied acceptance into the program at the Coop. Ed. partner before applying for the Charge-Back. A copy of the denial letter must also accompany a Charge-Back Application.

Individual courses are not covered by a Charge-Back. Attending full time or part time is allowed.

Applications for a Charge-Back can be obtained from the office of the Vice President of Academic Services. Applications for a Charge-Back are reviewed, and a recommendation for action will go to the Board of Trustees. The Application along with a copy of the Program Sheet from the college to which you are applying should be submitted at least six weeks prior to the beginning of the first semester you are to attend your college of choice. When applying for continued enrollment, you must submit grade reports for previously approved semesters. The Richland Community College Board of Trustees will act upon Charge-Back Applications recommended for approval on the third Tuesday of every month. Charge-Backs are approved only for degree or certificate programs.

Please call Richland’s Academic Services office at 217-875-7211, Ext. 6224, with any questions you may have or come to Room W141 at Richland to fill out a Charge-Back or a Cooperative Agreement.